[asterisk-users] The new ConfBridge application is now in Asterisk Trunk!

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:49:05 CDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM, C. Savinovich
<c.savinovich at itntelecom.com> wrote:

> Does this ConfBridge requires a hardware timing source?

No, and neither does MeetMe with modern DAHDI.

>  Will I be able to  use this on any virtual server without having the need special changes to
> the VM setup?

Define 'any'? If you're idea of virtualization is to oversubscribe
servers and hurt performance, then no.

To mix audio, the code takes lots of audio slices and merges them with
an algorithm. But if the underlying cpu doesn't provide consistent,
reliable ticks, as potentially happens in virtualization, then good
luck with what's going to happen to your audio mixing.