[asterisk-users] T38 fax printer Windows client for asterisk 1.8

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 22 05:13:13 CDT 2011

Involves asterisk, so not too far off topic.

Being New Zealand based we need alaw support.

I've tried a few T38 clients which either don't support alaw (FaxBack free
edition), and finished up with asterisk transcoding and the fax never gets
sent.
Or another client (FaxVoip) that gets a fax through but always has some
lines missing.
The issues above could be asterisk's problem (1.8 SVN branch) or the
client's.

What I'm obviously seeking is a known good working free Windows XP - Windows
7 Fax add-in for Microsoft Fax and Scanning.

Alec Davis