[asterisk-users] [asterisk-user] Can't get hostname on asterisk dialplan by ENV()

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Apr 21 15:30:32 CDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Mark Deneen wrote:

> I use runit to manage the asterisk process, and the chpst program
> allows fine control over environment and other limits.

runit is intended to be a sysvinit (/sbin/init) replacement and is not
installed (by default) on CentOS or Ubuntu distributions.

Can chpst be used by itself? It seems a useful program except that you
need to explicitly name each environment variable you want 'ignored' and
it is part of a larger package that may have far reaching implications

--
Thanks in advance,