[asterisk-users] [asterisk-user] Can't get hostname on asterisk dialplan by ENV()

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Apr 21 14:23:37 CDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, RAJNIKANT VANZA wrote:

> Can't get hostname environment variable on asterisk dialplan.

1) Is HOSTNAME in the Asterisk process's environment? What does executing:

 	tr '\000' '\n' < /proc/$(cat /var/run/asterisk.pid)/environ

show on the shell console?

2) What does executing:

         exten = *,n,                    verbose(1,${ENV(HOSTNAME)})

show on the Asterisk console?

I start my Asterisk with a minimal environment using the following
snippet:

         nice --adjustment=-20\
                 env --ignore-environment\
                         HOSTNAME=${HOSTNAME}\