[asterisk-users] Asterisk Export Fax from Wave file

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 07:46:48 CDT 2011

On Thursday 21 Apr 2011, Khaled W. Chehab wrote:
> Dears,
>

> I configured  an account on my asterisk pbx to record the outgoing calls.
>
> When the asterisk pbx user make a call and send a fax the call recorded to
> wave file  format.
>
> I searched the internet and found a software that can play the recorded
> wave file and  export from it  the tiff  fax document  sent.
>
> Is there a way  that asterisk can play the wav file and export the tiff
> document ???

You *might* be able to recover the document, *if and only if* the recording
quality is high enough.  Easiest way to try it is to call up a fax machine
(either an actual real one, or a copy of Hylafax)  from Asterisk and play the
wav file down the line to it.

Hylafax might even be able to do this directly; so if you don't have a real
fax machine, start looking there.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.