[asterisk-users] Meetme Time Limit?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:47:41 CDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:03 AM, DHAVAL INDRODIYA
<dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can use
>
> Meetme(1234,dL(18000000))
>
> where 18000000 = 6 hours after 6 hours channel is hanf up
>
> regards
> Dhaval
>

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to place a hangup time on a dynamic Meetme conference. I am
>> using Page() with a Meetme conf and I have had a few instances where someone
>> from a wifi voip phone looses ip while doing a page and the page never hangs
>> up. I have to kill it. I need to somehow limit the page so after a worse
>> case 2Min timeout it hangs up.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bryant
>>
>> --

Dhaval's reply works for when you're running a MeetMe conference directly,
which does not help Bryant (the question was phrased a little oddly, which
caused the confusion I think)....

Regarding how to limit how long the Paging call can be, use the
TIMEOUT(absolute) function. Here's an AEL example:

[paging]
exten => _92XX,1,Noop(Making sure the call only lasts 60 seconds or less)
same => n,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=60);
same => n,Page(<insert page targets and options>)

Let me know if that works out for you!

Regarding MeetMe time limiting in general, I'd like to add an alternative to
Dhaval's solution, just to get it back out there in the intertubes so people
can find it in the future.

As of Asterisk 1.6 you can schedule RealTime MeetMe conferences. I've
attached a structure dump of a table called conferences, just direct your
extconfig.conf to use it for meetme, set schedule=yes in meetme.conf, and
then set the start and end times in the table when creating a scheduled
conference.

Cheers all!
Sherwood McGowan
....Coming soon....SamuPBX