[asterisk-users] Call files or AMI originate for mass outbound call

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Wed Apr 20 17:38:53 CDT 2011

On 11-04-20 04:44 PM, Adolphe Cher-Aime wrote:
> Thank you for  your answer. I also  prefer AMI for its  flexibility.
> However, i  have an application developped in PHP used to make more than
> 100000 calls a day by group of 120 concurrent calls. My  problem with AMI is
> that  client keeps  disconnected  to AMI server. I use astmanproxy as proxy
> server. Do you to use have such  problem with your applications ?

Not really, twisted (specifically the ClientFactory) has functions to
handle disconnection / reconnection.  It is transparent to my
application, so if the client is disconnected from Asterisk, and event
is fired, I stop processing calls, then wait for the client to reconnect
to the AMI.  Once reconnected, I begin again.

[1] http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/clients.html#auto4
--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer