[asterisk-users] Call Center Reporting

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:59:29 CDT 2011

Hi Bilal,

Probably there is no open source tool or a good ones available. But few of
them I worked with provide up to 2 users free of cost license type of
reporting. Reporting for Call Centers can get very complicated. Once you
explore some of the commercial apps you will notice how extensive they can
get. This is specially true if you are replacing an existing commercial
system as you client won't want a mickey mouse replacement but rather a
full-fledged call center application. To set down and code for it, it will
probably take months to match anything commercially available. I suggest you
explore your options before coding it or even attempting queue logs into SQL
as that is just he beginning of the work and presentation, ***real-time***,
graphs, administration portal, and tons more things are needed to make it a
complete suite. Not to forget that this will require continuous updates at
the pace of Digium changing Asterisk versions (most of the time as
dial-plans changes or queue-log events changes, or if AMI events change).

Of course it's possible like other posts suggested but is it economical to
embark on it for a single small project? I am not sure....

Just a thought.

-Bruce