[asterisk-users] R: R: No Internet, no asterisk

Alexandru Oniciuc Alexandru.Oniciuc at trivenet.it
Tue Apr 19 06:41:04 CDT 2011

srvlookup=yes                   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
                                          ; Note: Asterisk only uses the first host
                                  ; in SRV records
                                          ; Disabling DNS SRV lookups disables the
                                          ; ability to place SIP calls based on domain
                                          ; names to some other SIP users on the Internet
                                          ; Specifying a port in a SIP peer definition or
                                          ; when dialing outbound calls will supress SRV
                                          ; lookups for that peer or call.

Make sure you don't have ANY reference to domain names in your sip.conf, only IPs, and eventually try to specify the port as described above.
I didn't tried this myself but I think this should be the way to do it (srvlookup=no).

Regards,
ALEX