[asterisk-users] R: No Internet, no asterisk

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 06:00:08 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 19 Apr 2011, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> A caching nameserver is not a viable solution because I want it working
> even after a month without internet access.

Then just make your local nameserver authoritative for the domain in question.
You can always firewall off port 53, if the nameserver faces outward and
you're scared of breaking the Internet for other people  :)

> P.S.
> Why nobody ever fixed this annoying bug? Is there a special reason behind?

The most likely explanation is, the developers either have more reliable
Internet connections  (which maybe they need for SIP or IAX trunks)  or have
configured their nameservers properly.

Remember, even a short "how I fixed it for myself" post counts as doing
something useful for the community.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.