[asterisk-users] Call Center Reporting

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 08:18:04 CDT 2011

On Monday 18 Apr 2011, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I am using Asterisk for Call Center (so agents login, logout, ready, not
> ready, ... etc). To be able to have a good call center reporting, on what I
> have to depend? On the CDR of Asterisk or there is another way?
>
> Is there a good open source tool to be used for Asterisk call center
> reporting?
>
> What about using the database?

If all the details you need to compile your reports can be found in existing
databases  (Asterisk's CDR database stores the details of calls; you may need
to get user login/out events from a separate database),  then all you need to
do is write some "glue" code in your favourite scripting language to pull
everything together, spit out a CSV file and send it off in an e-mail.

A hint:  Do the whole thing -- or as much of it as it takes to prove to
yourself that you're on the right track -- "by hand" first, entering all the
queries yourself in the mysql prompt  (or phpmyadmin),  *before* you try to
write a program to do it.  You will save yourself much heartache that way.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.