[asterisk-users] 1.8.4-rc2: ReceiveFAX fails

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:47:45 CDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> On 04/16/2011 07:25 AM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM, sean darcy<seandarcy2 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Using spandsp-0.0.6-pre18, the Jan 22 release.
>>>
>> You might try using spandsp-0.0.6-pre17. That version works great for
>> me with 1.8.4-rc2. When I tried pre18 it failed to receive any faxes.
>
> Of course, such an important regression was duly reported to the author,
> wasn't it.
>
> Steve

I wasn't sure if it was my problem or a regression with the release.
When I had searched nobody else mentioned the issue. I'd guess I have
around a 70% success rate with pre17 over ulaw from free fax services.
When I briefly tested pre18 I couldn't get any to come through. I do
appreciate your effort with spandsp.

Ryan