[asterisk-users] 1.8.4-rc2: ReceiveFAX fails

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Fri Apr 15 18:12:42 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 07:00:27PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> Do the log notes of the CED tone or the T.30 ECM warning have anything
> to do with this?

I can't help with this.

> faxbuffers=>6,full  ; who knows what this does

But I do know that this "faxbuffers" policy basically is telling the kernel to
allow ~120ms of audio to build up before shipping it out to the physical
board. This is to work around problems where scheduling jitter on the host
computer would prevent the asterisk process from keeping the DAHDI channel
full and fax machines do not handle gaps in the audio very well.

This is more pertinent if you're connecting a real fax machine to an FXS
port.

Cheers,
Shaun

--