[asterisk-users] Possible bug in Hangup() (Asterisk 1.4.x)

Vlasis Hatzistavrou vhatz at kinetix.gr
Fri Apr 15 07:02:52 CDT 2011

Hello,

On an Asterisk 1.4.33.1 in a simple scenario:

[test]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/12345 at peer01,,,)

exten => i,1,Hangup(${HANGUPCAUSE})
exten => t,1,Hangup(${HANGUPCAUSE})
exten => h,1,Hangup(${HANGUPCAUSE})

I have noticed that no matter what value we set in the Hangup(<cause
code>)  commands, if the call is not answered by peer01 for any reason,
the actual cause code returned to the calling party is a 503, no matter
what the ${HANGUPCAUSE} is.

Even if we set a fixed value like Hangup(1) (which should give a 404) or
Hangup(17) (which should give a 486), the cause code returned is always
a 503.

Has anyone else noticed this? I went through the issue tracker but I
couldn't find any relevant bug posted in the past. I am certain that in
previous versions I could set the reply message to the desired value, so
I wonder if this is a bug in this particular version (1.4.33.1).

--
Best regards,
Vlasis Hatzistavrou.