[asterisk-users] Followme() and variables

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Apr 14 17:03:49 CDT 2011

We have a variable set for each user/peer/whatnot that signals what the
outbound caller-id should be sent as with our carrier.

When someone dials a followme extension, this does not appear to be carried
over for when the calls reach an outside caller, and we see the outbound
caller-id being set as 'asterisk' vs the number desired.

Has anyone else seen this, or found a way to solve/workaround this?

Using asterisk 1.8.3.2.

What I see is the channel not inheriting the variable from the dialing
user -> followme -> originate

so the (active) channel when someone answers looks like:

Dumping Info For Channel: Local/91xxxyyyzzzz at company-38cd;2:
Info:
Name=               Local/91xxxyyyzzzz at company-38cd;2
Type=               Local
UniqueID=           1302818206.233
CallerIDNum=        (N/A)
CallerIDName=       (N/A)
DNIDDigits=         (N/A)
RDNIS=              (N/A)
Parkinglot=
Language=           en
State=              Up (6)
Rings=              0
NativeFormat=       0x4 (ulaw)
WriteFormat=        0x4 (ulaw)
ReadFormat=         0x4 (ulaw)
RawWriteFormat=     0x4 (ulaw)
RawReadFormat=      0x4 (ulaw)

or:

           Name: SIP/pstnlink-000000d1
           Type: SIP
       UniqueID: 1302818206.232
       LinkedID: 1302818171.226
      Caller ID: (N/A)
 Caller ID Name: (N/A)
    DNID Digits: (N/A)
       Language: en
          State: Up (6)
          Rings: 0
  NativeFormats: 0x4 (ulaw)
    WriteFormat: 0x4 (ulaw)
     ReadFormat: 0x4 (ulaw)
 WriteTranscode: No
  ReadTranscode: No
1st File Descriptor: 48
      Frames in: 456
     Frames out: 1381
 Time to Hangup: 0
   Elapsed Time: 0h0m29s
      Variables:
OUTCID is missing here, which is set in the sip.conf of the originating
user/extension

	Thanks for any ideas to solve this.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net