[asterisk-users] Safe to upgrade to Centos 5.6 now ???

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Thu Apr 14 07:03:53 CDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:

> On 4/14/11 1:04 AM, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:00:36PM -0700, Jian Gao wrote:
>>> Centos 5.6 came out. Any one tried to update to the 5.6 yet?
>>>
>>> I am running Asterisk 1.8 and is there any risk to upgrade to Centos 5.6?
>>
>> I'm not sure about Asterisk in general, but if you use DAHDI, please be
>> sure
>> to install version 2.4.1.2.
>>
>> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-announce/2011-April/000313.html
>>

> A word of notice: asterisk/digium yum repos xmls haven't been updated yet
> (properly):

Yes, I noticed that also. For some reason the latest Dahdi rpms are sitting in
the top level dir at http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/5/current/ but they are
not signed. They need to be signed and moved into the approiate arch directory
and the yum metadata rebuilt for them to be seen by yum.

In the mean time if you trust them, you could use wget to download the rpms
you need into a local directory and then do "yum localupdate *.rpm" to update
them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org