[asterisk-users] Processing sip messages

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:42:42 CDT 2011

Though you can modify SIP headers, there is no straight forward way of
processing SIP messages as Asterisk is made to abstract away that protocol
layer. However it generally is possible to track the Ringing and Answer
events in AMI which in turn the reflect the 180/183 and 200 SIP messages.
However, to be more precise. you can enable sip debug (which will make
asterisk to print all the SIP messages ) and process the logs or do IPC
between your program and "asterisk -r "

The easy way is to use SER family tools like kamailio , OpenSIPS for tasks
like these.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Nasir Iqbal <nasir at ictinnovations.com>wrote:

> Is there an way (asteisk command / AMI / Agi ) to process incoming SIP
> messages like ( 100 trying , 183 session progress , 200 Ack) ,
>
> I am intersted to findout delay between 183 and 200 message
>
> Regards
> Nasir Iqbal
>

> --

Thanks & Regards,