[asterisk-users] Fw: SIP Trunk send DID or DNIS information

A S root_taker at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 12:36:28 CDT 2011

Hello,

Some background before i ask the question.

I am attempting to implement a SIP trunk between an askerisk an a Mitel 5000
system.  The mitel is giving me 404 errors when I send a call over to it even
though the call desination is valid. The mitel also reports an error saying
cp_dest_id is NULL.  (Call Processor destination ID is what I assume that
means).  The Mitel has an incomming routing mechanism that says this in the
help:

"....the system will look for the dialed number provided by DID (DDI in Europe)
or DNIS."  In reference to incomming trunks.

So, I am thinking there is no DID or DNIS information being send accross.  I
caputed packets and I did not see a DID or DNIS field in the headers.  I am
esentially trying to make the asterisk system look like a SIP provider
(bandwidth.com for instance) with DIDs.  I can call from the Mitel to the
Asterisk but i just cannot get the call to come back the other direction.

What does it take to send information like this (DID and or DNIS) over a SIP
trunk?  Can it be done and what should the headers, etc actually look like when
looking at the packets? I basically want the asterisk to talk like a SIP DID and
Trunk service provider.

-Jason