[asterisk-users] Realtime SIP & peer status

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 13 09:05:12 CDT 2011

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Andrew Thomas wrote:

> Fair enough.  Then if this is really what you want I guess an AGI is the
> best way to go.
>
> As for load - well, that depends on how many concurrent connections you
> figure on having [and of course the platform it's all on].

I do almost exactly the same for PRIs with AGIs written in C. Each call
may execute dozens of AGIs over a 10 minute or so call. 5 AGIs get
executed before the caller hears the first prompt and it is almost
instantaneous.

This is on a 6 year old Xeon (3.40GHz) server handling about 100
concurrent calls.

You can execute XXX AGIs written in C in the time it takes to load the
interpreter (Perl or PHP) for your script.

--
Thanks in advance,