[asterisk-users] Problems With DAHDI on Ubuntu

Shawn L shawnl at up.net
Wed Apr 13 08:48:47 CDT 2011

I have 2 separate Asterisk servers that are both exibiting this problem.  1
has a 4 port
FXO digium card, the other an 8 port.

For some reason when the machine reboots, the dahdi drivers are not properly
loaded.  Then asterisk
ends up starting without dahdi support.  I've tried everything that I can
think of, even to the point
of running dahdi_cfg in the asterisk startup script before asterisk itself
is started, but it doesn't help.

To fix it, all i have to do is login and run
dahdi_cfg
/etc/init.d/asterisk restart

but that's a pain to have to do after every reboot.  I've never had this
problem with asterisk systems in
the past, but now it's happening on the last 2 servers we've setup.  Does
anyone have any ideas?  I
can't understand why explicitly calling  dahdi_cfg or the dahdi_startup
script before starting asterisk
isn't working.

Thanks