[asterisk-users] Realtime SIP & peer status

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 04:20:08 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 11:09 +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 10:57 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 10:15 +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm using SIP realtime with MySQL DB.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to get the status of the SIP peer (free / calling) from
> >> this realtime DB ?
> >>
> >> If not, is there another way to obtain the call state of a SIP peer ?
> >>
> > You could use core show channels in the console/via AMI to determine if
> > any extensions are on a call or even making a call.
> >

> If this information is not available, then I'm thinking of writing an
> AGI and calling this AGI when a call is being answered. This AGI will
> then write to the MySQL-DB the state "busy" for this SIP peer.
> Off course when the call ends, I need another AGi in the h-exten which
> writes the state "free" for this SIP peer.
>
> You think this will work ? Or will it put too much load on my system ?
>

> Kind regards,
> Jonas.

You could write a shell script to do what you suggested and pop it on a
cron. The info wouldn't be 100% realtime that way though but I think the
load would be very low.

Also, as someone else has suggested, you could use hints but you have to
add some of the code for hints directly into the extensions.conf which
sort of goes against the point of RealTime unless you use scripts to
handle that part as I myself have done.

--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer