[asterisk-users] send voicemail to multiple emails

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Apr 12 16:42:33 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 15:28:50 vip killa wrote:
> Honestly, I don't understand why "externnotify" should run when someone
> checks their voicemail... the change i made, makes sense so maybe that
> should be contributed to the asterisk source.

The point of it is to run whenever there is a potential change in state.
It runs after someone checks voicemail, because checking voicemail can
clear new messages (or change the number of new messages).  You are
certainly welcome, in the external notification script to exit early, if you
determine that further action is not necessary.

The idea that we even need an extra flag for this is ridiculous.  If there
is that much penalty in starting up another script instance, you're using
the wrong scripting language or the wrong machine.

--
Tilghman