[asterisk-users] Templates

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Apr 12 13:42:05 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 00:46:00 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 09:37:08PM -0600, José Pablo Méndez Soto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Trying to create templates that allow higher compression of sip.conf,
> > so for example:
> >
> > [internal-number](!)
> > type=friend
> > secret=bigsecret
> > host=dynamic
> > context=internal
> > disallow=all
> > allow=ulaw
> >
> > [100](internal-extensions)
>
> [100](internal-number)
>
> Right? Also in the following lines.
>
> > mailbox=100 at internal-extensions
> > [101](internal-extensions)
> > mailbox=101 at internal-extensions
> > [102](internal-extensions)
> > mailbox=102 at internal-extensions
> >
> > The mailbox=  parameter, as many others like username=, need a unique
> > value. In my case, the sip profiles are very straight forward, I
> > would like to know if I can use variables of some sort like this:
> >
> > [internal-extensions](!)
> > mailbox=$[user]@internal-extensions

To be more specific, this is not an evaluation environment, and the same
tools that parse the config for sip.conf also parse the config for
extensions.conf.  So to do what you're suggesting would massively break
existing setups.  If you want better compression, might I suggest that you
turn on execincludes and write your own script that will generate your
configuration file.  You can then do all sorts of neat things within an
evaluation context, without breaking other configurations.

--
Tilghman