[asterisk-users] Asterisk codec negotiation and canreinvite=no

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Apr 12 13:41:57 CDT 2011

Not that it has anything to do with this, but after having tried and
failed to use many 1.8 betas and most of the 1.8 release versions,
yesterday I followed the instructions on how to get trunk and my
problem with 1.8 is fixed.

It involved this error:

WARNING[24384] chan_sip.c: Retransmission timeout reached on
transmission 6cdb5a2f6cbe781b3a2553745a92dcf0 at 192.168.2.2:5060 for
seqno 102 (Critical Request) Packet timed out after 20672ms with no response

Which happened when I made an outing call on a DAHDI POTS line back
to my other POTS line and asterisk tried to ring my internal SIP
phones and failed with that message.

So, if anyone was tracking that error, it seems to be fixed.

Ira