[asterisk-users] Asterisk codec negotiation and canreinvite=no

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Mon Apr 11 12:38:32 CDT 2011

On 11-04-11 10:26 AM, Effie Mouzeli wrote:
> This may lead to some buggy clients not to accept the call (with 488),
> but I've noticed some cases where a callee was behind NAT,
> an INVITE with one video codec would me forwarded properly
> to the callee, but another INVITE with 3 video codecs, would
> never reach the callee, probably because it was never forwarded by
> the router (I still haven't been able to figure this out).

The code you are talking about underwent a complete rewrite [1] and has
already been merged into trunk[2].  Not that it helps you now, but you
may want to try testing with trunk (will become Asterisk 1.10) and see
if you have the same issues.

This is one of the major milestones for Asterisk 1.10, and I'm sure any
feedback in testing will be much appreciated.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Media+Architecture+Proposal
[2] http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk?view=revision&revision=306010
--
Paul Belanger