[asterisk-users] Asterisk-Asterisk E1 connection

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Mon Apr 11 08:49:17 CDT 2011

You need a E1/T1 crossover cable, which isn't straight through or like a network crossover cable.  Search online for T1 crossover and you'll find the pinout.

Remember one node needs to be the clock source (and only one node).

Technically UTP isn't the right cable for E1/T1s, but if your distance between boxes is a couple hundred feet or less, it will work fine.

You might also look at TDMoE.  Ethernet interfaces are a lot cheaper than E1s.