[asterisk-users] Call Recording using MixMonitor - close, but would like some more words of wisdom.

Silver Thorne szilverthorne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:35:47 CDT 2011

Dan et al;

This looks like a perfect solution.

However, I have one issue. If I initiate the macro manually (put it in
the proper context/dialplan) it works. I see the *.wav file being
created and growing in the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory.

If I try to implement it adding the MixMonApp =>
*1,self/both,Macro,mixmon to the [applicationmap] in features.conf, I
cannot get it to work.

Steps.

   1. added the example macro to the dialplan in extensions.conf
   2. added the line MixMonApp => *1,self/both,Macro,mixmon to the
      features.conf file under [applicationmap]
   3. sip reload / dialplan reload / reload res_features
   4. see the message that 'Mapping Feature 'apps' to app 'Macro(callrec)'
   5. make incoming call - answer with SIP phone
   6. I press *1 on the keypad, I hear the tones, but it does not begin
      recording
   7. see nothing in the CLI and no new files get created in
      /var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory.

What am I missing? Probably something simple.

Any words of wisdom?

Glen