[asterisk-users] CRC Zaptel.conf

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Fri Apr 8 10:59:45 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 09:11:20AM +0000, salaheddine elharit wrote:
> i have a question related to CRC, yesterday i had an issue in our span when
> i verify with zttool i found  recovering instead ok
>
> i verify the zaptel.conf and i found
>
> # Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/zapconf on Thu Apr  7 17:19:52 2011 -- do not hand edit
> # Zaptel Configuration File
> #
> # This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
> #
>
> # Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,*crc4*
> # termtype: te
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16

> in the normal zaptel there is no *crc4 * i delete the CRC4 from the 2 spans
> and all works perfectly.
>
> i want to know how the file was generated automatically with CRC4 and if
> there is any way to disable this option

I am not familiar with how the /usr/sbin/zapconf tools works, but with
dahdi_genconf in DAHDI, E1 spans default to use CRC4. This covers the
majority of users.

I did not see any way in /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters to control the
output of the CRC4 line.

My opinion is that you did exactly what you needed: run zapconf to get
sensible defaults then edit the output file for your specific provider.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ruffell