[asterisk-users] Occasional call from "asterisk"

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Thu Apr 7 18:16:18 CDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Brian Henning <bhenning at pineinst.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now and then our SIP phones ring with "asterisk" showing as the caller-ID.
> Upon picking up the receiver, there is about five seconds of silence and
> then the channel is closed (hangup).  Can anyone offer some insight?
>  Here's
> relevant snippets from my extensions.conf and Master.csv log:

<snip>

I've seen this on cases where a "phantom" call comes in on a DAHDI channel -
these calls were the results of faulty wiring on the part of the telco.
Check your logs for any errors on your DAHDI channels around the time of the
"ghost" calls.

It could also be a case of someone calls in and then hangs up before the
call is actually passed to asterisk, and the telco is just slow to hangup
the call.

> As an aside, the Set(CALLERID...) bit doesn't work.  The idea was to
> prepend
> a 9 so that a SIP user could use the "redial" feature of the phone's call
> log to return a missed call (automatically including the 9 for outside
> line).  Unfortunately the 9 does not get prepended.

Your Set() syntax is wrong.  Try this:

exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=9${CALLERID(num)})

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP