[asterisk-users] Any way to temporarily disable a registered SIPPEER in Asterisk?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Apr 7 16:41:25 CDT 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce B
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:27 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Any way to temporarily disable a registered
SIPPEER in Asterisk?

Hi Everyone,

We want to be able to momentarily or temporarily provide CONGESTION or
DE-REGISTER a SIP PEER to asterisk through WEB GUI. I don't want to indulge
into dial-plan and write changes to .conf file every-time. Is there any way
that a SIP PEER can be de-registered for an amount of time or maybe
deactivated? or there isn't such facility available in asterisk?

Thanks

[Danny Nicholas]

You could have an entry in ASTDB that "pseudo-disables" the peer from
dialing that you could turn on/off from a gui using AMI.  Where your
dialplan does the dial, just "wrap" some logic around it like this

[dialout]

exten => s,1,noop(start to dial)

exten => s,n,Set(dialval=${DB(dialok/${ARG2})})

exten => s,n,Gotoif($[ "${dialval}" != "yes"]?dialout,s-BUSY,1)

exten => s,n,Dial(DAHDI/1,${ARG1})

exten => s,n,hangup

exten => s-BUSY,1,playback(busy)

exten => s-BUSY,n,hangup