[asterisk-users] voicemail call back loop

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Apr 6 14:47:56 CDT 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of vip killa
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:40 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] voicemail call back loop

does mailcmd send any variables or data to script? I need a way for script
to identify which mailbox was left a message.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
wrote:

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Steve Edwards wrote:

Use 'mailcmd' in voicemail.conf.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, vip killa wrote:

I have "externnotify = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/vm_notify.pl" so that when
someone is left a voicemail it will call the
person's mobile phone and prompt them with the new message. The perl script
simply originates a call to a persons mobile
phone and connects it to their voicemail using VoiceMailMain. Problem is
when user hangs up from checking their messages,
it runs the externnotify again causing an infinite loop. Has anybody
encountered this problem or is there an option to
not have it run externnotify after checking messages?

Mailcmd?

Also, storing programs that aren't AGIs in the AGI directory doesn't sound
like a 'best practice' candidate to me.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867

[Danny Nicholas]

AFAIK, mailcmd is fed by app_voicemail and must operate in a similar fashion
to sendmail.  IMHO, the best option for what you want to accomplish would be
a daemon that would query /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default and when it
found a .wav for user x, spawn a call file and deliver the message to them
that way.  This would let you "note" that you sent them their message and
not depend on whatever "monkey-ness" they might pull when you connected
them.  Plus, in my experience, the easier you make it on your user, the
better both of you will sleep.