[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.3

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Wed Apr 6 00:00:02 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 20:10:48 Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> I have deployed several 1.8.3.2 systems as upgrades of customers systems
> and now I am seeing random crashes. For some reason the builds lock up
> and stop taking sip connections. Existing calls stay on but when the
> user hangs up no new calls or reg attempts work. In most cases a "core
> restart now" cleans things up. Some times I have to kill the asterisk
> process. The stability of 1.8.2 was poor but it is worse with 1.8.3.2
> any ideas of how I can approach solving this.

This sounds like a deadlock of some kind.  Asterisk has a debugging
facility built-in for finding this type of problem, but you will need to
compile in DONT_OPTIMIZE and DEBUG_THREADS.  Also, it would be
helpful, but not entirely necessary, to compile in BETTER_BACKTRACES.

Once the problem occurs with the recompiled binary, issuing a "core show
locks" should turn up an indication of where the problem lies.

--
Tilghman