[asterisk-users] dialplan is not finding my number asterisk 1.8.3

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Apr 5 08:30:13 CDT 2011

Jerry Geis wrote:

> Steve Murphy wrote:
>> Idea:
>>
>> If something is corrupting your dialplan, then this should
>> reveal the extent of the corruption:
>>
>> You might, when the system is working properly, do a:
>>
>> asterisk -rx "dialplan show" > somefile1
>>
>> and then, when you are having problems, do a:
>>
>> asterisk -rx "dialplan show" > somefile2
>> diff -u somefile1 somefile2
>>
>> and see if this reveals anything juicy.
>>
>> murf
>>

> Steve,
>
> That is a great idea. I did that the first time it happened. I dumped
> the dialplan, then I restarted
> and dumped again. it was the same. Being the first time I thought it
> was just a fluke but now it
> has happened a couple of times. I have not been able to narrow
> anything down.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jerry

Steve,

perhaps I did something wrong the first time. As I just got the error
again. I dumped the dialplan and my section:

[ Context 'smvoice-mediaport' created by 'pbx_config' ]

is empty.

when I restart and dump again.

[ Context 'smvoice-mediaport' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '1105' =>         1. Goto(smvoice-mediaport-public-address,s,1)
[pbx_config]
  'mediaport_direct' => 1. Goto(smvoice-mediaport-public-address,s,1)
[pbx_config]
  'public_address' => 1. Goto(smvoice-mediaport-public-address,s,1)
[pbx_config]

I have the correct data.

The only thing I have in the dialplan for this box is:
[smvoice-mediaport-public-address]
exten => s,1,System(/home/silentm/bin/smfunctions -stop)
exten => s,n,Playback(beep)
exten => s,n,Dial(Console/dsp)
exten => s,n,Hangup
exten => h,1,System(/home/silentm/bin/smfunctions -start)

Can a system call be removing stuff from the dialplan?

What next?

Jerry