[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashes on high IO load

Maximilian Grobecker m.grobecker at portunity.de
Tue Apr 5 07:39:02 CDT 2011

Hi,

the log files contained (sometimes) lines about "refcount -1 in astobj.c".
I also generated core dumps and analyzed them - but there were always
errors in another module.

Mabye I found the solution:
Asterisk seems to crash when a required module cannot be loaded fast
enough due to heavy disk usage.
When I move the "modules" directory to another hard disk Asterisk runs fine.

I'm using autoload=yes in modules.conf and have several "noload" lines
in it. Is there a possibility to say asterisk to load all modules to RAM
at start time and not on demand?

Thanks and greetings
Max