[asterisk-users] how to check if the call is using t38 except in the sip packets

Larry Moore lmoore at starwon.com.au
Tue Apr 5 00:11:23 CDT 2011

On 4/04/2011 10:27 PM, Israel Gottlieb wrote:
> How could i check if the call is using t38 except looking at the sip
> debug?

My suggestion is to capture the packets between the two end points using
tcpdump, in your case you would be captuing SIP & RTP packtes between
your SPA8000 & your ITSP. I would suggest you ensure you use a snaplen
in tcpdump that is large enough to capture all the packet information.

Once you have the captured data you will find Wireshark is your friend,
open the file in Wireshark and then select "VoIP Calls" which is located
under the Telephony menu item.

Once it has gathered the information it wants you will be able to select
one ore more sessions, once selected click on the Flow button, all will
now be clear!

Larry.