[asterisk-users] MeetMe headache

D. Rick Anderson randerson at customteleconnect.com
Mon Apr 4 12:08:32 CDT 2011

Ok, I've been running applications on 1.4 for quite some time using
meetme to hold a person, while the person on the other end of the call
accepts, etc. I was playing status messages to the calling party using a
context like this:

[status-one-en]
exten => 100,1,Playback(my_status_message)
exten => 100,1,Hangup()

and then creating a call file like this:

Channel: Local/100 at status-one-en
CallerID: Rick <5555555555>
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 15
WaitTime: 45
Application: MeetMe
Data: 12345,qdM

and it would hook into the meetme, play the message, then hangup and
drop out.

I've been building an application with 1.6, and this isn't working at
all. In verbose mode, I see the message played, and the call hang up,
but the music never even stops on the meetme. After about 20 seconds I
get:

Call failed to go through, reason (3) Remote end Ringing

Is there some other way to do this in 1.6 that I'm unaware of? I've
tried creating a context and extension for the meetme portion (rather
than using the Application/Data in the call file, and switched the order
around (which does cause the music to stop, but the announcement still
doesn't get played, and I get the same call failed message). I've been
googling on this for days now, and really just need to get it working.

TIA

Rick

CONFIDENTIALITY / PRIVILEGE NOTICE: This transmission and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. This transmission is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C §§ 2510-2521. The information contained in this transmission is confidential in nature and protected from further use or disclosure under U.S. Pub. L. 106-102, 113 U.S. Stat. 1338 (1999), and may be subject to attorney-client or other legal privilege. Your use or disclosure of this information for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited, and may subject you to fines and/or penalties under federal and state law. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please DESTROY ALL COPIES RECEIVED and confirm destruction to the sender via return transmittal.