[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashes on high IO load

Maximilian Grobecker m.grobecker at portunity.de
Mon Apr 4 08:04:56 CDT 2011

Hi!

I'm writing to this list because I've got a very confusing issue with
our Asterisk 1.8.3.2 installation.

On high IO load on the hard drives Asterisk becomes instable and crashes
after a few minutes.
I tried to reproduce this by running bonnie++ on the hardware while
making calls.
The calls didn't get disturbed (no noises or crackles) but after about
five minutes Asterisk suddenly crashed without any further error messages.

Are you experiencing the same problem?
I'm really confused now why Asterisk crashes...

Thank you!
Maximilian Grobecker