[asterisk-users] Is it possible to dial an automated message when Asterisk receives an email?

John Kiniston john at meatkite.com
Sat Apr 2 13:39:11 CDT 2011

You could use a procmail recipe to create a call file and then move it
to the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory.
Below is a untested example .procmailrc:

:0:
* ^To.trigger at example.com
| /usr/local/bin/callout.sh

where callout.sh would look like this perhaps:

!/bin/bash
sleep 5
CALL="callout.call";
echo channel: LOCAL/NUMBER at pstn-local > /tmp/$CALL;
echo context: ivr-call-out >> /tmp/$CALL;
echo exten: s >> /tmp/$CALL;
echo priority: 1 >> /tmp/$CALL;

echo mv /tmp/$CALL /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
done

Again all untested writing by the seat of my pants type stuff.