[asterisk-users] Best Scripting Language

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 10:19:43 CDT 2011

I don't think that is quite true - Asterisk-java gives you access to AMI - which can be used to originate calls and to monitor
call progress etc. You can even get RTCP call quality events.

So I'm pretty sure you could use groovy and asterisk-java together to stress test your asterisk build.
You would have to put some sample extensions and dialplan in place, but after that I figure you could do the rest
in a nice modern scripting language.

I wrote a blog post about groovy and asterisk a week or 2 ago :

http://babyis60.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/the-gtalkskypesipirc-asynchronous-uc-mashup/

Tim.