[asterisk-users] Best Scripting Language

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 09:43:08 CDT 2011

Gosh, it depends what you want to do with asterisk.
I've been having quite a lot of luck with groovy recently.

You can easily wrap it around the (excellent) asterisk-java framework and
have clean simple access to AMI and AGI interfaces.

Alternatively look at adhearsion - which is a ruby framework for asterisk.

But it _really_ does depend on what you are doing.

T.

On 1 Apr 2011, at 12:57, Gopalakrishnan A.N wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest which is the best scripting language for Asterisk or any telecom device? Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Thank you  with regards,
> Gopalakrishnan A.N.
> VoIP call - sip:saigop at gtalk2voip.com
>

> --

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk