[asterisk-users] Unable to load fax modules

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:46:51 CDT 2010

thanks for replies,
I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.11
and components res_fax-1.4_1.2.1-x86_64 and
res_fax_digium-1.4_1.2.1-barcelona_64.
(amd 64 bit machine)

David:
actually I am not aware that there is version which include fax.
for rebuilding with manager support that would be great if you could give me
a link to know about that, cause i've never done it !

Thank you guys!

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

> On 09/30/2010 09:51 AM, khalid touati wrote:
> > Hi List,
> > I did follow the procedure to install Free Fax for Asterisk successfully
> > till i came accross this isssue: i can't load the fax module:
> >
> > pbx3*CLI> module load res_fax_digium.so
> > Unable to load module res_fax_digium.so
> > Command 'module load res_fax_digium.so' failed.
> > [Sep 30 10:50:12] WARNING[5427]: loader.c:429 load_dynamic_module: Error
> > /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_fax_digium.so: undefined symbol:
> manager_event
> > [Sep 30 10:50:12] WARNING[5427]: loader.c:797 load_resource: Module
> > 'res_fax_digium.so' could not be loaded.
> >
> > any help will be much appreciated!!
>
> It will be very hard to help you with the information you provided; at a
> minimum we need to know what version of Asterisk and of the FAX modules
> you tried to use.
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
> skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com
> Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

Abdullah