[asterisk-users] Kernel Panic When restarting the server

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Sep 30 07:28:49 CDT 2010

----- "Danny Dias" <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting a KErnel Pannic every time i restart the server, what could be happening?
> I just make: "shutdown -r now" and the server gets Kernel Panic. I'have to go on site and press the power button

I'd be willing to bet Wanpipe is attempting to stop while Asterisk is still using it. It's a known problem. Put the following into /etc/wanpipe/scripts/stop

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/asterisk stop
sleep 2
/etc/init.d/asterisk stop

Then chmod +x it. When Wanpipe attempts to stop, it will shut down Asterisk first, bypassing a panic situation.

--Tim