[asterisk-users] Alert-Info advice

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 09:13:01 CDT 2010

Hi guys

I'm using asterisk 1.4 and going on to Snom phones. I'm trying to add a
sip header to make the Snom phone use a different ring tone on one
particular incoming number. I have added the following to the dial plan
of the incoming context

+------+------------------+-------+----------+--------------+-------------------------+
| id   | context          | exten | priority | app          | appdata

+------+------------------+-------+----------+--------------+-------------------------+
| 2656 | pack-01616601906 | s     |        4 | SIPAddHeader |
Alert-Info: alert-group |
+------+------------------+-------+----------+--------------+-------------------------+

and in the config of the phone I have set Alert Group Ringer: to Ringer
5 but when a call comes in it's still the default ringer that rings.

I've also been lead to believe that I can set a URL for a custom
ringtone in the Alert-Info header but can't find the exact syntax
anywhere.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik