[asterisk-users] ISDN - Busy signal on 3rd call

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Wed Sep 29 04:50:26 CDT 2010

I'm resending this email to the list, apparently the first one didn't go
through. If it did, I apologize for the re-post.

Hello,

Following my first mail about this issue [1], I think I know now what
the problem is.

When I have both lines being used and a third call comes in, the person
calling doesn't get a busy tone, he gets something like line unavailable.

I've been debugging mISDN and I think the reason is because asterisk is
sending the release cause as 0.

	P[ 3]  --> channel:0 mode:TE cause:0 ocause:0 rad: cad:

The request from the telephone company's switch seems correct, a SETUP
message (if 08 is Q.931, 05 is SETUP).

	02 ff 03 08  01 04 05 a1  04 03 80 90
	a3 18 01 80  6c 0b 01 83  39 31 36 33
	39 31 37 34  32 70 03 c1  38 34

I've changed misdn.conf so it sends a release cause as 17 (user busy),
but I get the same behaviour - cause:0 ocause:0.

Anyone knows how can I force asterisk to send cause 16 or 17 in this
situation?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Paulo Santos