[asterisk-users] Need to pick your brain for recommendation on using 2.5" or 3.5" HDDs for Asterisk server...

Dmitry Nedospasov dmitry at nedos.net
Sun Sep 26 16:16:01 CDT 2010

Oops forgot one thing,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:45:38PM +0200, Dmitry Nedospasov wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 01:48:40PM -0400, bruce bruce wrote:
> > I am stack between two identical systems (2U Twin2, 4 nodes, SuperMicro)
> > servers that have the same exact specs except for HDDs.
>
> [...]
>
> To sum things up, I think virtualization is a good idea, especially when
> you have beefy servers (I do it too). So a green light from me!

Asterisk TFOT actually has a chapter on this, though it might be a bit
outdated [1]. It's Chapter 2, Preparing a System for Asterisk.

[1] http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk:+The+Future+of+Telephony

I'm sure there are enough people on this list with crazy setups to offer
their experiences running asterisk with thousands of clients. I've only
done 5-15 channel stuff...

D.
--
Dmitry Nedospasov <dmitry at nedos.net> -- Twitter: @nedos