[asterisk-users] rtp problem with 1.8.0-rdc1

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Sep 24 08:38:24 CDT 2010

Benny Amorsen wrote:
> covici at ccs.covici.com writes:
>

>> Hi.  I am having a very strange problem --aren't they all -- with the
>> release candidate.  I have softphone which talks to asterisk from behind
>> nat -- the asterisk is on a public ip -- and when I hit mute on the
>> softphone, all rtp traffic ceases!  Now, a version which does work is
>> r281875, this does not happen in that vrsion, but right after that this
>> strange thing starts and is not fixed in the current one.
>>

> Why is it a problem? It sounds like Asterisk does silence suppression.
>

> /Benny

1) With no rtp traffic, the nat device will drop the connection in it's
nat table and thus disconnecting the softphone from Asterisk. (after the
router's timeout period of course)

2) The other issue is you are connected to a conference call and you
want to mute your transmitter while listening to the conference.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.