[asterisk-users] differential billing

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Sep 24 08:19:27 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Abdul Basit
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 8:13 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] differential billing

Hi All,

How can we develop a differential charging setup using asterisk like for 1st
min we charge 1 cent, for 2nd min we charge 0.5 cent, for next 30 sec charge
@15cent, etc?

Any idea, suggestion.

--
Regards,

Abdul Basit | +92 32 1416 4196

Since the CDR records the call duration in seconds, this should be a
relative "no-brainer", assuming you are billing post-call.  If you are
wanting to generate the charges during the live calls,  AMI would be your
best option for getting a running duration of the connection.