[asterisk-users] Redirecting a Channel more than three times...

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Sep 24 08:10:17 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Yves A.
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 6:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Redirecting a Channel more than three times...

  Hi folks,

could someone please try to confirm the following (mis)behaviour of my
asterisk?

Imagine the following scenario:

Caller A calls the central.
Central picks up, talks to Caller A which wants to be connected to
employee X.
Central puts Caller A on hold by Redirecting the Channel to a Queue.
Central calls emplyee X and bridges both channels... everybody is happy.

But..:

Caller A calls the central.
Central picks up, talks to Caller A which wants to be connected to
employee X.
Central puts Caller A on hold by Redirecting the Channel to a Queue.
Central calls emplyee X and X doesn´t want to talk with Caller A....
Central and employee hang up..
Central pulls Caller A back from Queue (again, with Redirecting the
channel to its own extension)
Caller A now want to talk with employee Y.... and so on

This game works exactly three times... when the central wants to pull
back the Caller from the
Queue for the third time, the call is hungup.

I searched and searched, but could not find anything about a
redirect-limit or so...
what, if there is no such limit, am I doing wrong?

If there is such a limit.. where is it configured?

thank you anyways,
yves

#1.  Have you looked at the CLI output for this scenario
#2.  Why don't you use Parking instead of queue?