[asterisk-users] Forking a call

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Sep 23 11:09:12 CDT 2010

Hi,

Using 1.6.2.13.

I'd like to know how I can force Asterisk to fork a call.  To simplify
things, Let's say I have an out context (for outbound calls) and an in (for
inbound).  If person A wants to call person B, and both are on my servers, I
don`t want to send the call out.  I want all this to happen internally on my
server.

The problem is if I use some condition to send calls in my out context back
to my in context, some channel variables get mixed up, and (for example)
when the calling part puts the called party on hold, the music on hold used
is the called party's music.  I am sure there are some less benign problems
that could come with that.

Is ForkCDR() what I am looking for? Any things I gotta watch out for when
using it?

I basically would like Asterisk to treat this call as two separate calls, as
if one was completely outbound and the second an independant inbound call.

Mike