[asterisk-users] func SHARED, how to use?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 23 08:27:04 CDT 2010

Hi!

> There are 2 things I can't understand
> - 1. how can I know channel name?

${CHANNEL}

> 2. where should I call this SHARED function? before Dial, after Dial?

Either In the macro that you specify using the M option of Dial() or in
the h extension. You will, however, have trouble treating the 2nd call
leg with the h extension, and the M option only "fires" at the beginning
of the call/bridge.

> and this is what I tried in h:
> exten => h,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=${CHANNEL(rtpqos,audio,local_count)})
>
> This can looks different, this is just a try :-)
> But Channel is DAHDI, not SIP, so I want to use SHARED.

Are you on Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6 or on 1.8? The above will not work
with 1.4.

Since I have not done this with 1.6 or 1.8: See if you can get the RTCP
data without using CHANNEL(), and instead use the individual "xxxBRDIGED"
RTCP channel variables as illustrated on the Wiki. Your SIP channel is
the 2nd channel (= the bridged one).

If this fails: See if AMI can help.

Philipp